Component Engineer - Haicang, China
Spang & Company, a manufacturer with global operations in China and the United States, seeks a Component Engineer based at our Haicang, China facility.
The main function of this position will be to co-design high-efficiency new components with major customers’ R&D departments.
- Contribute knowledge of functions and performance of magnetics materials in new designs;
- Research materials and components as needed for effective designs;
- Responsible for making prototypes according to new designs using in-house resources;
- Design test parameters and approaches and make sure the test results meet design specs;
- Make design and test adjustments if necessary;
- Work closely with Sales, Engineering, and Production departments to make recommendations and select projects with best potential of bringing large volume profitable business to the company;
- Prepare internal RFQs of components and finished assemblies;
- Work closely with engineering and manufacturing departments to smoothly transfer prototype to mass production. Develop procedures and checklists for manufacturing to follow. Train manufacturing on new product test procedures.
- Perform DFMEA – design failure mode and effects analysis;
- Perform PPAP – product part approval process;
- Must be willing to travel throughout Asia to work with customer design houses.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree of Science or Masters of Science or related graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Automation or Material Science. Five or more years component and process design work experience in winding houses or R&D department of electronic device manufacturers is desired. TS 16949 training and experience is highly desirable. Powder Core experience is a plus. Candidate must be fluent in written and oral English and Mandarin Chinese, and computer literate in Word, Excel and Power Point.
Ideal candidate will have a good understanding of application circuits, such as PFC, inverters, automotive power supplies, and uninterruptable power supplies, and be knowledgeable about component design and testing, for block or cut cores. Should have knowledge of all available magnetic materials, and component design for inductors and transformers.
Field Sales Account Manager – Southern China
Spang & Company, a mid-sized manufacturer with global operations, seeks a Field Sales Account Manager located in the South of China.
The basic function of this position will be to discover, cultivate, and convert new opportunities into sales revenue for the Magnetics division. Magnetics manufactures high quality components used in the electronics and telecommunications industries. The ideal candidate will be fluent in Chinese financial and business practices and have exposure to Western business practices.
- Develop a level of application expertise on all Magnetics products necessary to effectively interface with Customers and Manufacturing representatives
- Working with customers to generate sales from new designs.
- Identify Customers and opportunities for Magnetics products in Asia.
- Manage Customer relationships, determine specific Customer needs and accurately communicate these needs to Magnetics management
- Provide input to sales and achieve planned sales and margin for assigned accounts and territories
- Define and implement sales strategies for each account including manufacturing representative involvement
- Quotation generation, submittal, follow-up and disposition
- Responsible for negotiating purchase order changes that affect price and delivery
- Travel will be +50% with some overnight travel required
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, or related technical discipline. Five or more years of technical selling experience in electronics industry is required, preferably with components. Candidate must be fluent in written and oral English and Mandarin Chinese. Additional language skills in other Asian languages is ideal. The ability to travel domestically and internationally is necessary.
Pittsburgh, PA - Corporate Headquarters
Sorry, there are currently no career opportunities available for this location.
Mentor, OH - Spang Power Electronics
Product Sales Engineer
Spang Power Electronics, a global manufacturer of specialty power control and conversion equipment, has an opening for a Product Sales Engineer based at its Mentor, Ohio facility. Spang Power Electronics has factory locations in Mentor, OH, Sandy Lake, PA, and Xiamen, China. We design and manufacture products for industrial control applications all over the world; specializing in SCR Power Controllers, custom Transformers, and AC / DC Power Systems.
The position will be responsible for product sales in North American markets. The Product Sales Engineer will discover, cultivate, convert, and grow new opportunities while also building relationships and increasing sales from Spang’s established customer base.
- Responsible for product sales goals in North American markets.
- Engage in customer sales calls - research, contact, schedule, and conduct sales meetings at customer accounts as a product expert; including Spang product demos, customer process and application reviews, applying products to drive customer value, and relationship building
- Prepare and present product presentations and demonstrations to new and existing customers
- Find and develop new customers in similar industry segments as well as new industry segments
- Seek opportunities for retro-fits of legacy products or competitor’s products
- Report on product sales, trends, market competition, strategy, risk, and opportunities
- Report on what drives customer value for a given customer, product, application, or industry segment
- Write customer proposals, negotiate contracts, enter orders, and invoice customers
- Participate in trade show events and follow-up with perspective customers. Present product features to an audience as needed.
- Participate (as needed) in joint sales calls with Spang Manufacturer Reps or Distributors
- Effectively interface with manufacturing, engineering, sales, and management as a product expert.
- Estimated travel: 50-70% with occasional international travel.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related technical discipline. 2+ years Sales experience of technical products is required. Prior sales experience with Industrial customers is preferred. Ideal candidate must have good interpersonal skills; including effective communication skills to present before an audience. Excellent English verbal, written, organizational, and negotiation skills are necessary.
Vice President of Operations
Spang Power Electronics, a global manufacturer of specialty power control and conversion equipment, has an opening for a Vice President of Operations based at its Mentor, Ohio facility. Spang Power Electronics has factory locations in Mentor, OH, Sandy Lake, PA, and Xiamen, China. We design and manufacture products for industrial control applications including: SCR power controllers; AC & DC power systems; Dry-type transformers; Specialty AC & DC drives; AC & DC drive systems; and Automation control systems.
The position will initially be responsible for domestic manufacturing operations to support Spang Power Electronics. The V.P. of Operations will direct and coordinate all facilities activities, including the maintenance and repair of machines, electrical systems, and structures.
The successful candidate will have a positive attitude and a desire to learn our business and contribute to the growth strategy. We are looking for someone who is a leader with high energy and a results oriented performer. He/she will preferably have experience leading a successful manufacturing operation. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills will be essential.
- Work closely with internal sales, engineering, supply chain and logistic teams to ensure performance, quality goals, and commitment to customers are achieved.
- Lead and manage manufacturing operations including safety, planning, budgeting, scheduling, sourcing, logistics and compliance.
- Ensure production efficiency is maximized using appropriate workflow and assembly methods.
- Plan, prepare estimates and proposals for new equipment / building infrastructure and manage subsequent installation / construction / maintenance.
- Promote safe working practices so that Safety truly is the #1 priority of all employees and that the company is fully compliant with all regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or related business field. MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years experience preferably in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership, management, influence and persuasion skills with proven ability to effectively motivate, coach and mentor.
- Good financial skills, able to interpret financial data, spot opportunities to reduce costs or improve profitability.
- Ability to travel between manufacturing locations is required. International travel will be required.
- Mandarin Chinese a plus.
Sandy Lake, PA
Sorry, there are currently no career opportunities available for this location.