Component Engineer - Haicang, China
Spang & Company, a manufacturer with global operations in China and the United States, seeks a Component Engineer based at our Haicang, China facility.
The main function of this position will be to co-design high-efficiency new components with major customers’ R&D departments.
- Contribute knowledge of functions and performance of magnetics materials in new designs;
- Research materials and components as needed for effective designs;
- Responsible for making prototypes according to new designs using in-house resources;
- Design test parameters and approaches and make sure the test results meet design specs;
- Make design and test adjustments if necessary;
- Work closely with Sales, Engineering, and Production departments to make recommendations and select projects with best potential of bringing large volume profitable business to the company;
- Prepare internal RFQs of components and finished assemblies;
- Work closely with engineering and manufacturing departments to smoothly transfer prototype to mass production. Develop procedures and checklists for manufacturing to follow. Train manufacturing on new product test procedures.
- Perform DFMEA – design failure mode and effects analysis;
- Perform PPAP – product part approval process;
- Must be willing to travel throughout Asia to work with customer design houses.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree of Science or Masters of Science or related graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Automation or Material Science. Five or more years component and process design work experience in winding houses or R&D department of electronic device manufacturers is desired. TS 16949 training and experience is highly desirable. Powder Core experience is a plus. Candidate must be fluent in written and oral English and Mandarin Chinese, and computer literate in Word, Excel and Power Point.
Ideal candidate will have a good understanding of application circuits, such as PFC, inverters, automotive power supplies, and uninterruptable power supplies, and be knowledgeable about component design and testing, for block or cut cores. Should have knowledge of all available magnetic materials, and component design for inductors and transformers.
Pittsburgh, PA - Corporate Headquarters
The Spang Engineered Solutions Division of Spang and Company has an opening for an Electrical-Mechanical Designer in our Pittsburgh, PA location.
SES offers custom inductive components in an array of industries. We offer a portfolio of innovative tools, along with decades of expertise, providing high-quality, turnkey solutions for even the most challenging inductor designs.
- Produce drawings and documents using SOLIDWORKS software.
- Perform engineering design calculations.
- Work with plant personnel to collect project information, and communicate findings both orally and in writing.
- Work as a team member on various projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications include an Associate’s Degree in Drafting or Engineering Technology or equivalent experience. 3-5 years of experience with general mechanical or electrical design and drafting projects is required. SOLIDWORKS experience is required. AutoCAD experience is a plus.
Mentor, OH - Spang Power Electronics
Director of Operations North America
Spang Power Electronics, a global manufacturer of specialty power control and conversion equipment, has an opening for a Director of Operations North America based at its Mentor, Ohio facility. Spang Power Electronics has factory locations in Mentor, OH, Sandy Lake, PA, and Xiamen, China. We design and manufacture products for industrial control applications all over the world, specializing in SCR Power Controllers, custom Transformers, and AC / DC Power Systems.
This positon will be responsible for the scheduling, manufacturing, testing and delivery of products and systems The Director of Operations will also be responsible for the procurement, inventory levels and deliveries of raw materials and vendor services to meet production schedules and fill capital requests.
- Ensure that the corporation's customers are serviced at the highest level of satisfaction through quality products, courteous employees and quick response to needs.
- Establish short and long-range manufacturing plans.
- On-Time delivery of Products (to customers) and Systems (to Engineering).
- Budget and cost control for operational cost centers.
- Capital Budget and justifications for operation cost centers
- Production management (including Engineering package release dates)
- Set manufacturing standards
- Production manpower forecasts including overtime projections for multiple sites
- Production department cost reductions and efficiency improvements
- Monitor domestic manufacturing activities, performance and results and initiate corrective action to minimize costs, eliminate material shortages and reduce deviations from the production schedule.
- Oversight of turnaround of repair delivery
- Resolve Engineering release issues that affect on time delivery to the customer
- Establish stocking levels required to meet sales forecast
- Monitor inventory levels and initiate corrective actions to improve inventory turns.
- Manage the Logistic and Compliance functions.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations issued by OSHA, EPA and other federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Negotiate and administer the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the local union, promoting sound employee relations.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a Technical Degree. A Master’s Degree is preferred. A minimum of 10 years diversified business experience and 5 years manufacturing management is required. Experience in management of a multiple location manufacturing organization is desired.
Spang Power Electronics, a global manufacturer of specialty power control and conversion equipment, has an opening for a Purchasing Manager based at its Mentor, Ohio facility. Spang Power Electronics has factory locations in Mentor, OH, Sandy Lake, PA, and Xiamen, China. We design and manufacture products for industrial control applications all over the world, specializing in SCR Power Controllers, custom Transformers, and AC / DC Power Systems.
The position will be responsible for the coordination purchases of raw materials, supplies, capital equipment, and contract services.
- Review and approval of purchase orders.
- Distribution of incoming requisitions.
- Buying and expediting raw materials.
- Working with the buyers on projects, specific purchases, or problem buys.
- Talking or meeting with vendors.
- In-house meetings, project or systems work.
- Evaluate Open Order report weekly.
- Developing new domestic and global sources
- Approve quality update.
- Review qualitative reports.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in General Business or Supply Chain/Logistics. A Master’s Degree in Business Administration is a plus. Three years diversified business experience is required. Certified Purchasing Manager Certificate is preferred.
Manager of Systems Engineering
Spang Power Electronics, a global manufacturer of specialty power control and conversion equipment, has an opening for a Manager of Systems Engineering based at its Mentor, Ohio facility. Spang Power Electronics has factory locations in Mentor, OH, Sandy Lake, PA, and Xiamen, China. We design and manufacture products for industrial control applications all over the world, specializing in SCR Power Controllers, custom Transformers, and AC / DC Power Systems.
This position will be responsible for performing Chief Engineering and Design Review functions for the Systems Engineering group, as well as manage the activities of the group and act as Systems Engineer on select individual projects.
- Perform Chief Engineering functions to set the direction and standards for the Systems Engineering group.
- Perform design reviews to ensure compliance to design standards and prevent rework during and after assembly and test.
- Management of the Systems Engineering group to that manpower is assigned, schedules for drawing packages to customers and Manufacturing are met, and test plans are complete and issued in a timely manner.
- Execution of select individual Systems projects according to plan, including performing design engineering, plc software development, start-up and drawing review as appropriate.
- Provide input to the product development process for new System technologies.
- Support of Sales to provide budgetary estimates and technical solutions to customer opportunities as requested.
- Work closely with Manufacturing to provide substitute replacement parts to support deliveries of Systems and reduce costs.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering. A Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a Master’s Degree in Business Administration is preferred. 5 – 10 years’ experience in the design and testing of SCR based Power Systems is required.
Product Sales Engineer
Spang Power Electronics, a global manufacturer of specialty power control and conversion equipment, has an opening for a Product Sales Engineer based at its Mentor, Ohio facility. Spang Power Electronics has factory locations in Mentor, OH, Sandy Lake, PA, and Xiamen, China. We design and manufacture products for industrial control applications all over the world, specializing in SCR Power Controllers, custom Transformers, and AC / DC Power Systems.
The position will be responsible for product sales in North American markets. The Product Sales Engineer will discover, cultivate, convert, and grow new opportunities while also building relationships and increasing sales from Spang’s established customer base.
Major Responsibilities include setting and achieving product sales goals in North American markets. This will involve customer sales calls, including research, contact, schedule, and conduct sales meetings at customer accounts as a product expert.
You will identify and develop new customers in similar industry segments as well as new industry segments, and report on product sales, trends, market competition, strategy, risk, and opportunities.
The Product Sales Engineer will represent Spang Power Electronics at trade show events and follow-up with perspective customers. You may participate as needed in joint sales calls with Spang Manufacturer Reps or Distributors. Must effectively communicate with manufacturing, engineering, sales, and management as a product expert. Estimated travel: 50-60% with occasional international travel.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related technical discipline. 2+ years Sales experience of technical products is required. Prior sales experience with Industrial customers is preferred. Ideal candidate must have good interpersonal skills, including effective communication skills to present before an audience. Excellent English verbal, written, organizational, and negotiation skills are necessary.
Sandy Lake, PA
Spang Power Electronics, a manufacturer of power control systems, has a Stock Person position available at its Sandy Lake, PA facility (70 miles north of Pittsburgh).
Stock Person - The position will involve receiving, storing, drawing, issuing and distributing materials. The Stock Person will be responsible for packing and shipping outgoing materials and making wire markers and name plates. The position requires the maintenance of shop supplies and material inventories. The Stock Person will develop information and keep records concerning material usage and requirements and will also transport products, materials and supplies as required. Applicants should have some computer experience, as well as knowing how to operate fork trucks and pendant or remote controlled cranes.
Spang Power Electronics, a manufacturer of power control systems, has an Assembler position available at its Sandy Lake, PA facility (70 miles north of Pittsburgh).
Assembler - The position will involve verifying the materials and requirements from the work order information and preparing all components for assembly. Assemblers will drill, mount components and subassemblies, assemble name plates and identifying tags and assemble/wire units. Assemblers will be responsible for preparing production and related reports and records. Applicants must be experienced in bench assembly and capable of reading assembly and schematic drawings.